When you choose a career at KLM, you’ll find plenty of room to further develop yourself as a professional. When the time comes to change your course, there are always opportunities to continue growing. Upwards, into depth, or even completely sideways. Due to the diversity of roles and fields within KLM, chances are high that there’s something for you. It’s up to you to see the opportunities and seize them!
As a Business Analyst, you’re responsible for analyzing all available data within Procurement, such as expenditures, contract information, projects, and outcomes. You’re constantly seeking new data to gain new insights, such as market and supplier data. You regularly create reports on Procurement’s progress and achieved results, and work on improving and making data available.
Additionally, you’re responsible for creating presentations and dashboards and advising colleagues about potential opportunities. You assist colleagues in developing strategies and provide support in using various systems, acting as an expert for specific systems and assisting users as needed.
You have regular discussions with various domains within Procurement to understand their wishes and needs. Furthermore, you fulfill the following tasks:
- Prepare the 5-year MTP (Multi-Year Plan)
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the project pipeline (value/spend)
- Prepare and share quarterly DPM (Direct Procurement Management) meetings
- Prepare and share the monthly expenditure report
- Ad hoc reporting upon request
- Analysis/Advice/Business Partnership
- Variation analysis (value/spend, FC vs. Budget) and actionable insights
- Advise the Business Controller about developments in value creation and spending trends
- Automate reporting and distribution of reports
- Act as a sparring partner for procurement stakeholders by advising on strategies, policies, system use, procedures, etc.
- Contribute to decision-making for AFKL’s procurement management
- Continuous improvement: provide support and advice for ongoing improvement of procurement tools and processes to enhance Procurement’s performance
- Processes and Tooling
- Act as a product owner for value and spend tools
- Develop and introduce new tooling
- Proactively propose process and system improvements, in close collaboration with the internal organization and suppliers of supporting tooling
- Contribute to data infrastructure (e.g. JCU structure, harmonization of data definitions, various used tooling)
- Actively participate in projects to enhance procurement’s value for AFKL (e.g. transformation projects, category management, investigation into improving coverage of purchase orders)
- Change Management
- Achieve change: develop a plan and take actions to improve Procurement organization and employee performance, including process improvements, system implementation, reporting, ensuring adoption, training development and delivery, etc.
In this role, you play an essential part in improving Procurement department performance through data analysis, advice, and promoting change and enhancement within the organization.
You enjoy helping others, and you’re comfortable with handling data and various systems. You’re proactive and entrepreneurial, not waiting for questions but instead exploring ways to create more insights. You have a commercial, results-oriented mindset and continuously seek solutions, even if it requires persuasive skills.
- Bachelor or University degree in business economics/IT
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience with IT systems like MS (Excel, PowerPoint), SAP (preferred), Spotfire/Power BI
- Proficient in both Dutch and English, written and spoken
Contact Miguel Fernandez; 06-41410201 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.